The Guild Building, also known as Yates Block is a freestanding brick commercial building located by Victoria’s Inner Harbour. Originally constructed for local businessman James Yates, this building is a monument to the interrelationship between commerce and the Inner Harbour in Victoria’s history. Built in three stages between 1882 and 1896, its asymmetrical composition attests to the variety of tenants who occupied and adapted this building throughout its history. Architecturally, the Yates Block makes an important contribution to the heritage character of the Inner Harbour Precinct.
Previously The Guild restaurant, this space features: